Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

I knew Christmas would be wonderful this year because well... it's Christmas. This year was a little bit different for my family. My dad was released from the Mayo Clinic 5 days before Christmas so that my mom and him could make it home in time to celebrate with my brother and I. I had planned to stay in Florida but as soon as I got the news, I headed home to Tennessee so I could embrace my dad in one of the most memorable, emotional hugs I've ever shared with him. Now THAT is the best Christmas present ever.

Christmas Eve was rewarding because my brothers girlfriend, her 3 children, and her mother joined us for our service at church. Wow. I loved being a part of that and when the youngest little girl crawled over the chairs so that I could hold her it made me realize how blessed I am. After church our family went to the Bates' house for dinner which is the only place other than my parents house that I feel at home. I love that family so stinkin much and I wouldn't be the person I am now without them in my life.

Not only was celebrating Christmas with my family amazing but waking up to 5 inches of snow on Christmas day made it 100 times better. I got to build a snowman for the first time in many years and have a snowball fight like I was 5 years old again. Here's a picture of me and Kira with Frosty...

Jesus, thank you so much for everything you have blessed me with. You are amazing and your love NEVER fails. I am sensing that 2011 is going to be a different year for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment